[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
BLISSTOOLFORUM.COM • View topic - DETAILED REPORT for the improvements and the new features of v4 and v5 of BLISSTOOL LTC64X (THE BEAST).

DETAILED REPORT for the improvements and the new features of v4 and v5 of BLISSTOOL LTC64X (THE BEAST).

Base Information and Documentation for all BLISSTOOL LTC64X metal detectors.

DETAILED REPORT for the improvements and the new features of v4 and v5 of BLISSTOOL LTC64X (THE BEAST).

Postby BLISSTOOL » Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Image Image

IMPORTANT: This article contains extensive information about all the improvements and new features of v4 and v5 of BLISSTOOL LTC64X (THE BEAST). If you are interested in v4 and v5, it is strongly recommended to get acquainted in detail with all the information available below.

Although in appearance, all versions look the same, they have significant differences in their characteristics: depth of detection, stability, discrimination, basic behavior. Therefore, each version must be considered for a different model metal detector, not a upgrade of the previous version.

The improvements and the new features of v4 and v5 of BLISSTOOL LTC64X (THE BEAST), are:

LTC64X v4 is better than v3, with that this LTC64X v4 is:
- with extreme improved depth of detection to very small, small, medium and large metal objects;
- with extremely improved stability, that is maintained even when using maximum settings;
- with two base operating frequencies: 8.0KHz and 7.4KHz;
- with smooth regulation of the operating frequency from 7.4KHz to 8.0KHz;
- with smooth regulation of the transmitted power of the transmitter;
- with NORMAL (at frequency 8.0KHz) and TURBO/BOOST mode of the transmitter (at frequency 7.4KHz) with increased transmitted power;
- TURBO/BOOST mode of the transmitter, effective not only at low mineralized terrains, but also in medium and highly mineralized terrains, terrains with a high content of ore and terrains dotted with stones and rocks;
- with an automatic stabilizer with a high degree of stabilization;
- with improved discrimination;
- with improved elimination of the inhomogeneities of the field;
- with improved rejection of iron, slag and hot rocks;
- with improved elimination of electromagnetic interferences;
- with behavior providing a more comfortable work in any type of terrain, including highly mineralized terrains, terrains with a high content of ore and terrains dotted with stones and rocks.

LTC64X v5 is better than v4, with that this LTC64X v5 is:
- with extreme extended discrimination range. Besides iron, aluminum foil and low conductive metal objects from non-ferrous metals and alloys, if necessary, can discriminate and medium and high conductive metal objects from non-ferrous metals (zinc, nickel, copper, lead, aluminum, silver, gold) and their alloys;
- with improved distribution of the three areas for discrimination, providing possibility for effective study and understanding of the detected metal object even before it to be excavated. Thanks to this, with high probability, can assume what exactly is the detected metal object even before it to be excavated: small, large, low quality, high quality, low, medium or high conductive. Moreover, for specific terrains and conditions, which the user is acquainted, can be assumed and from what kind of metal is the detected metal object: zinc, nickel, copper, lead, aluminum, silver, gold; and what exactly is the detected metal object: coin, artifact, treasure or modern pollutant. All this, provides a more effective and more convenient selective search of metal objects;
- with three automatic stabilizers (with low, medium and high degree of stabilization), providing the opportunity for highly effective stabilization and extreme performance in all field conditions.

v4 and v5 have the same knobs and switches as v3, v2i, v2 and v1, but because of the many improvements and new features of v4 and v5, their potentiometer FREQUENCY (for v4 and v5) and switch AUTO ZONES (only for v5) have a dual function, i.e. they have a second, additional function, only available in v4 and v5.

Thanks to this second, additional function of potentiometer FREQUENCY and switch AUTO ZONES, at v4 and v5, in an elegant way, there is provided a quick and convenient access to the new features available in v4 and v5, without the need of adding other knobs and switches.

Moreover, v5 is with extreme extended discrimination range and with improved distribution of the three areas for discrimination, selectable by switch DISCRIMINATOR.

The main differences in the control and the power of v4 and v5 of BLISSTOOL LTC64X (THE BEAST), compared to v3, v2i, v2, v1, are:

[01] Potentiometer FREQUENCY:

- At v3, v2i, v2 and v1, potentiometer FREQUENCY has only one function:
/1/ Change of the operating frequency of the metal detector in range +-60Hz, in order to avoid external electromagnetic interferences. The metal detector always work in NORMAL mode of the transmitter with normal transmitted power. The basic operating frequency of the metal detector is just one: 8.0KHz for v3, v2i, v2, and 8.5KHz for v1.

- At v4 and v5, potentiometer FREQUENCY has two functions:
/1/ Change of the operating frequency of the metal detector in range +-600Hz, in order to avoid external electromagnetic interferences and/or in order to switch between the two base operating frequencies: 8.0KHz and 7.4KHz. With setting FREQUENCY = MAX, the metal detector works with base operating frequency 8.0KHz, but with setting FREQUENCY = MIN, the metal detector works with base operating frequency 7.4KHz. By turning the potentiometer FREQUENCY from level MAX to level MIN, provides smooth regulation of the operating frequency from 8.0KHz to 7.4KHz;
/2/ Switch between NORMAL and TURBO/BOOST mode of the transmitter and smooth regulation of the transmitted power of the transmitter: with setting FREQUENCY = MAX, the metal detector works in NORMAL mode of the transmitter, i.e. with normal transmitted power, but with setting FREQUENCY = MIN, the metal detector works in TURBO/BOOST mode of the transmitter, i.e. with increased transmitted power. By turning the potentiometer FREQUENCY from level MAX to level MIN, provides smooth regulation of the transmitted power of the transmitter from NORMAL to TURBO/BOOST power.

Because of the combination in v4 and v5 of the above-described two functions of potentiometer FREQUENCY:
- with setting FREQUENCY = MAX, v4 and v5 work with base operating frequency 8.0KHz and NORMAL mode of the transmitter with normal transmitted power;
- with setting FFREQUENCY = MIN, v4 and v5 work with base operating frequency 7.4KHz and TURBO/BOOST mode of the transmitter with increased transmitted power;
- by turning the potentiometer FREQUENCY from level MAX to level MIN, provides smooth regulation of the operating frequency from 8.0KHz to 7.4KHz and of the transmitted power of the transmitter from NORMAL to TURBO/BOOST power;
- by turning the potentiometer FREQUENCY from level MIN to level MAX, provides smooth regulation of the operating frequency from 7.4KHz to 8.0KHz and of the transmitted power of the transmitter from TURBO/BOOST to NORMAL power.

Usually, mode TURBO/BOOST provides several centimeters better depth of detection versus mode NORMAL. Moreover, in TURBO/BOOST mode, the metal detector is more resistant to external electromagnetic interferences.

When working in a manual ground balance mode (switch GROUND MODE = MAN), if changing the setting of potentiometer FREQUENCY, is necessary a new manual setting of the ground balance via potentiometers GROUND COARSE and GROUND FINE. It is necessary to increase the level, as typically, the offset is with maximum 1 - 1.5 - 2 levels. For example, if with a setting FREQUENCY = MAX, the metal detector is balanced to the ground at GROUND COARSE = 5.0 and GROUND FINE = 5.0, follows that with a setting FREQUENCY = MIN, for the same terrain, the metal detector will have balance to the ground at GROUND COARSE = about 6.5 and GROUND FINE = 5.0. For low mineralized terrains, this difference is usually negligible, but for medium and highly mineralized terrains, it is significant and should be considered.

The TURBO/BOOST mode of v4 and v5, is effective not only at low mineralized terrains, but also in medium and highly mineralized terrains, terrains with a high content of ore and terrains dotted with stones and rocks. However, due to the increased transmitted power in TURBO/BOOST mode, in medium and highly mineralized terrains, terrains with a high content of ore and terrains dotted with stones and rocks, the manual ground balance may be more difficult to achieve, than in mode NORMAL. In such terrains, the manual ground balance in mode TURBO/BOOST, is still relatively easily attainable, but the setting should be done more carefully and more precisely by the user. For this purpose, after the basic setup of the ground balance from potentiometer GROUND COARSE, is very convenient the use of a potentiometer GROUND FINE for additional, fine tuning.

In some terrains, for example in highly mineralized terrains, terrains with a high content of ore and terrains dotted with stones and rocks, and especially in heavy specific field conditions, the TURBO/BOOST mode instead providing of a greater depth of detection, may have the opposite effect. Therefore, in v4 and v5 are available for selection by the user the two modes: mode NORMAL and mode TURBO/BOOST. It provides an opportunity for excellent depth of detection in all field conditions.

[02] Switch AUTO ZONES:

- At v4, v3, v2i, v2 and v1, switch AUTO ZONES has only one function:
/1/ To set one of the three available automatic ground zones at work in automatic ground balance mode (switch GROUND MODE = AUTO). In manual ground balance mode (switch GROUND MODE = MAN), this function of switch AUTO ZONES not working.

- At v5, switch AUTO ZONES has two functions:
/1/ Function identical to its function in v4, v3, v2i, v2 and v1, i.e. to set one of the three available automatic ground zones at work in automatic ground balance mode (switch GROUND MODE = AUTO). In manual ground balance mode (switch GROUND MODE = MAN), this function of switch AUTO ZONES not working;
/2/ Switching between the three automatic stabilizers available in v5, as this its function work in auto ground balance mode (switch GROUND MODE = AUTO), and also in manual ground balance mode (switch GROUND MODE = MAN):
- with setting: AUTO ZONES = I, v5 work with an automatic stabilizer with a low degree of stabilization;
- with setting: AUTO ZONES = II, v5 work with an automatic stabilizer with a medium degree of stabilization;
- with setting: AUTO ZONES = III, v5 work with an automatic stabilizer with a high degree of stabilization.

Unlike v5, which has three automatic stabilizers (with low, medium and high degree of stabilization), which can be selected by a switch AUTO ZONES, v4 has only one automatic stabilizer (with a high degree of stabilization), as it always works with it, i.e. therefore is not necessary its switching, switch AUTO ZONES at v4, has only one function, as at v3, v2i, v2 and v1.

Because of the combination in v5 of the above-described two functions of switch AUTO ZONES:

- with settings: GROUND MODE = AUTO, AUTO ZONES = I, the metal detector work in automatic ground balance mode, with an automatic ground zone I and an automatic stabilizer with a low degree of stabilization. Automatic ground zone I is optimized for low mineralized terrains, for which an automatic stabilizer with a low degree of stabilization is completely sufficient;
- with settings: GROUND MODE = AUTO, AUTO ZONES = II, the metal detector work in automatic ground balance mode, with an automatic ground zone II and an automatic stabilizer with a medium degree of stabilization. Automatic ground zone II is optimized for medium mineralized terrains, for which an automatic stabilizer with a medium degree of stabilization is completely sufficient;
- with settings: GROUND MODE = AUTO, AUTO ZONES = III, the metal detector work in automatic ground balance mode, with an automatic ground zone III and an automatic stabilizer with a high degree of stabilization. Automatic ground zone III is optimized for highly mineralized terrains, for which an automatic stabilizer with a high degree of stabilization is completely sufficient;

- with settings: GROUND MODE = MAN, AUTO ZONES = I, the metal detector work in manual ground balance mode and an automatic stabilizer with a low degree of stabilization;
- with settings: GROUND MODE = MAN, AUTO ZONES = II, the metal detector work in manual ground balance mode and an automatic stabilizer with a medium degree of stabilization;
- with settings: GROUND MODE = MAN, AUTO ZONES = III, the metal detector work in manual ground balance mode and an automatic stabilizer with a high degree of stabilization.

The automatic stabilizers available in v4 and v5, providing extreme improving of the stability of THE BEAST, as high stability is maintained even when using maximum settings, especially in mode with a stabilizer with a high degree of stabilization (available permanently in v4 and available in v5 with a setting AUTO ZONES = III). Moreover, the improving of the stability, leads and to an improving of the depth of detection.

[03] Switch DISCRIMINATOR:

The DISCRIMINATOR switch, for all versions, serves to set the maximum range of discrimination of the metal detector, ie it defines the scope of potentiometer DISCR LEVEL. The various modes are conditional numbered as: "I", "II" and "III".

- At v4, v3, v2i, v2 and v1:
- In mode DISCRIMINATOR = III, the maximum range of discrimination is limited to iron, aluminum foil and very small, low conductive metal objects, from non-ferrous metals and alloys;
- In mode DISCRIMINATOR = II, the maximum range of discrimination is limited to small, low conductive metal objects, mainly from the following non-ferrous metals and their alloys: zinc, nickel, copper;
- In mode DISCRIMINATOR = I, the maximum range of discrimination is limited to small, high conductive metal objects, mainly from the following non-ferrous metals and their alloys: zinc, nickel, copper, lead, aluminum.

- At v5:
- In mode DISCRIMINATOR = III, the maximum range of discrimination is limited to iron, aluminum foil and very small, low conductive metal objects, from non-ferrous metals and alloys;
- In mode DISCRIMINATOR = II, the maximum range of discrimination is limited to medium, high conductive metal objects, mainly from the following non-ferrous metals and their alloys: zinc, nickel, copper, lead, aluminum.
- In mode DISCRIMINATOR = I, the maximum range of discrimination is limited to large, high conductive metal objects, mainly from the following non-ferrous metals and their alloys: zinc, nickel, copper, lead, aluminum, silver, gold.

Given the above available information for switch DISCRIMINATOR:
- Mode DISCRIMINATOR = III is the same for all versions (v5, v4, v3, v2i, v2 and v1);
- Mode DISCRIMINATOR = II of v5, is with about 25% larger than the largest range, i.e. mode DISCRIMINATOR = I, of v4, v3, v2i, v2 and v1. Therefore, mode DISCRIMINATOR = II of v5, is very similar to the mode DISCRIMINATOR = I of v4, v3, v2i, v2 and v1;
- Mode DISCRIMINATOR = I of v5, is several times larger than the largest range, i.e. mode DISCRIMINATOR = I, of v4, v3, v2i, v2 and v1. Therefore, v5 has extreme extended discrimination range.

The extreme extended discrimination range and the improved distribution of the three areas for discrimination at v5, providing possibility for effective study and understanding of the detected metal object even before it to be excavated. For this purpose, the user must explore intentionally, the detected metal object at various modes of switch DISCRIMINATOR: III, II and I. This is done by easily and quickly manual switching between them (from switch DISCRIMINATOR). Depending on what exactly is the detected metal object, in some modes it will be detected, while in others will be rejected. For starters, the exploration (the study) is carried out without changing the current levels of potentiometers DISCR LEVEL and DISCR DEPTH, as only if need additional orientation, can be applied study at higher levels of DISCR LEVEL and DISCR DEPTH.

Thanks to the above described method, at v5, with high probability, can assume what exactly is the detected metal object even before it to be excavated: small, large, low quality, high quality, low, medium or high conductive. Moreover, for specific terrains and conditions, which the user is acquainted, can be assumed and from what kind of metal is the detected metal object: zinc, nickel, copper, lead, aluminum, silver, gold; and what exactly is the detected metal object: coin, artifact, treasure or modern pollutant. All this, provides a more effective and more convenient selective search of metal objects.

An example for the above-described method for effective study and understanding of the detected metal object even before it to be excavated:
Introduction: The user works with v5 on medium mineralized terrain in discrimination mode with settings: DISCRIMINATOR = III, DISCR DEPTH = 9, DISCR LEVEL = 6. The user detects with the metal detector (on DISCRIMINATOR = III), a clear signal from non-ferrous metal (as at these settings the metal detector rejected iron):
- If in mode DISCRIMINATOR = II and in mode DISCRIMINATOR = I, the object is still detected, follows that the detected metal object is probably a silver coin;
- If in mode DISCRIMINATOR = II the object is still detected, but in mode DISCRIMINATOR = I the object is rejected, follows that the detected metal object is probably an aluminum cap;
- If in mode DISCRIMINATOR = II and in mode DISCRIMINATOR = I, the object is rejected, follows that the detected metal object is probably a bronze coin.

The settings and the assumptions described in the example above are examples only, but for a specific terrain, the user of v5, relatively easy can find such combinations, which in practice to do a good job for his particular terrain and for the specific metal objects which are most often detected there.

General conclusion for BLISSTOOL LTC64X (THE BEAST): Compared to the previous versions, v4 and v5 of THE BEAST, have many improvements and new features, which make them an excellent choice for top metal detector. However, even the oldest version available for sale (v2), there are parameters, that are only dreams for many other metal detectors, especially on the depth of detection for coins. So, regardless of which version of THE BEAST you decide to purchase, or no matter what version of THE BEAST you currently have, you can be confident and proud that you have top metal detector with extreme depth of detection. But, if you want to have the best so far, v4 and v5 are the best choice.

Return to BLISSTOOL LTC64X Base Information and Documentation