[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
BLISSTOOLFORUM.COM • View topic - Threshold settings

Threshold settings

General User Discussions for all BLISSTOOL LTC64X metal detectors.

Threshold settings

Postby Scooter » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 pm

When I increase my threshold just past silent all I hear is erratic sound like EMI . It does this even out in the middle of a field by my self. Is this normal because no matter what I do I can not get a stable tone. Usually if you have an unstable threshold you machine is not set right.

Re: Threshold settings

Postby roger d. » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 pm

The threshold on the Bliss is more like the sensitivity control on other detectors. This really threw me at first too. You don't get a steady threshold tone, it should be set to just silent. Depending on ground conditions I usually run mine around 4.5 to 6. If it seems too noisy I just back it off a little. Still gets stuff deep.

Postby Scooter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:01 am

Thanks Roger, After reading the actual Blisstool manual ( I have a kellyco edition) I thought I was missing something that I was not getting the faint audio hum of the threshold.

Postby roger d. » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:13 am

No worries Scooter, you will get it. Once you do, things will fall into place. I am still learning this machine too. It seems to be different in some ways, but it is really not. It is just a metal detector with it's own language. All machines are that way.

Postby Craig Talley » Sun May 11, 2014 2:12 pm

I usually run the threshold between 4-4.5 and get very good depth. I like to run the machine quiet and stable. Anything at 9" bangs with this machine. :D

Return to BLISSTOOL LTC64X General User Discussions